The Pentir Pumlumon area has a wealth of culture and heritage, potentially offering a unique experience to the community, businesses and visitors/tourists.
This feasibility study aimed to address a number of issues identified through a community consultation within the Pentir Pumlumon area.
The area covered by the study was from the A44 Ponterwyd to Capel Bangor, eastward to the villages of Devil’s Bridge, Cwmystwyth, Pontrhydygroes, Pontrhydfendigaid and the town of Tregaron. The study also included the Ystwyth Valley down to Llanilar and the small villages such as Llanfihangel Y Creuddyn.
The objectives of the study were to:
- Undertake a baseline study of the area to include visitor numbers and type, accommodation, attractions, activities, facilities and services
- Explore and develop a cultural/heritage visitor action plan
- Explore and develop an activities/sporting visitor action plan
- Explore and develop country life/nature opportunities for visitors
- Explore public transport issues for community and tourists
- Undertake community engagement events to gather evidence and support for the above