This feasibility study was undertaken to determine the viability and cost of a 1.27 mile cycle path from Ciliau Aeron to link with the National Trust estate at Llanerchaeron, joining up with the National Trust’s network of footpaths and the existing cycle path to Aberaeron.
The study provided the required plans and foundations required for fundraising for the construction of the path which would ultimately address the following issues/benefits:
- providing local residents and visitors with a safe and sustainable way to travel to Aberaeron
- allowing local residents and visitors to enjoy and explore the countryside of the Aeron Valley
- benefitting people of all ages and abilities
- allowing children of Ciliau Aeron School to access learning resources at Tyglyn walled garden and Llanerchaeron on foot
- benefitting clubs, societies and local outdoor education tour provider